Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Us?
When we tell you we offer exceptional care, it’s for good reason.
- Unlike many other oral and maxillofacial surgery practices, our doctors have been trained in medicine as well as dentistry. Dr. Kienle, Dr. Steinkeler and Dr. Gunawardena have their medical, as well as dental degrees, and are fully licensed to practice each of these professions within the State of Pennsylvania.
- Drs. Kienle, Steinkeler and Gunawardena are Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, the national organization of this profession, which maintains high standards for board eligibility and certification of its members.
- In addition, our doctors are specially trained in general and sedation anesthesia, and Drs. Kienle, Steinkeler and Gunawardena are Board Certified by the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, ensuring that your surgical experience can be safe, comfortable, relaxed, and pain-free.
- All of our facilities are accredited as office-based surgery centers by the Joint Commission (formerly the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, or JCAHO). In fact, we are the only private Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Center in the greater Philadelphia area that has achieved this distinction. This U.S.-based not-for-profit organization sets standards and oversees the level of care provided by various healthcare facilities, such as hospitals, laboratories, and nursing homes. In order to achieve accreditation by the Joint Commission, a surgical practice must consistently demonstrate a commitment to the highest level of patient safety and patient care. This means we can provide you with the highest level of surgical or emergency care (should you require it) outside of the hospital setting.
- The surgical staff at our facilities are registered nurses and licensed practical nurses and experienced oral and maxillofacial surgical assistants. Our entire staff is focused on providing you with the highest level of safety and professional care.
For these reasons and more we have earned a reputation as the premier oral and maxillofacial surgery practice in the Delaware Valley, and have received referrals of patients from doctors across the Eastern region of the U.S. as well as internationally. Our practice and doctors have been consistently named to “Top Docs” and other local and national best doctor polls.
Are You Ready to Receive Quality Dental Care?
Contact Flagship Oral, Facial, and Dental Implant Surgery with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!
Oral Surgery Patient Reviews
Read patient testimonials about their experiences at Flagship Oral, Facial, and Dental Implant Surgery.