Oral Surgery Patient Information During COVID-19
Important COVID-19 Protocol Reminders December 14, 2020:
As the pandemic continues to surge and cases are on the rise, we would like to remind you that the following measures are still in place:
- Due to limited space in our waiting rooms, we ask that all patients over the age of 18 (unless they require assistance or have special needs) check in to their appointment by themselves whenever possible.
- Any minors coming in for an appointment can be accompanied by one parent or guardian only. Please kindly leave any other parties at home.
- If someone other than the patient is making a payment for the procedure, they can come into the appointment, take care of the payment with the front desk, and then wait in their vehicle until after the procedure.
- It is very important that the medical history forms are completed in advance on our website to minimize the amount of time the patient is in our office. Please fill out all forms a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Our forms are available here:
- Although we know it is an inconvenience, all drivers for our surgical patients must remain in their cars throughout the procedure and be available for a phone call when the patient is done with their surgical appointment. Please remain on the premises at all times.
- Please be understanding if our front desk staff asks you to wait in your car even if you have come by yourself to the appointment. This is for everyone’s safety. We appreciate your cooperation.
Video: OMS Centers – COVID-19 Response
An update on the COVID-19 Pandemic Issued May 9, 2020:
We are happy to announce that the Pennsylvania Department of Health, under Dr. Rachel Levine, has lifted the statewide restriction of providing exclusively emergent and urgent dental care. Thus, we are again able to provide the full spectrum of Oral and Maxillofacial surgical procedures with enhanced infection control guidelines. This now includes preventative and reconstructive surgical procedures, which we know are important to your long term health and well-being.
As a reminder, we will be screening patients for COVID-19 symptoms when making and confirming your appointments. If you develop:
- Respiratory symptoms including cough, sore throat, chest pain or any other new symptoms OR
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or recently exposed to someone who has tested positive, please contact our office for further instruction.
We ask you (and any escort) to wear a mask to the office. If you are accompanying a patient, please plan to wait in the car during treatment until they are ready for discharge.
We are in the offices seeing patients at least 5 days a week and will continue to increase our hours as we safely can. We are busy starting to reschedule patient appointments that were previously delayed to continue treatment. If you haven’t heard from us yet, please call us during business hours. Please contact us if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing you soon!
An update on the COVID-19 Pandemic Issued March 27, 2020:
Last night the Pennsylvania Department of Health modified the earlier guidelines for dentistry and again are allowing office-based urgent and emergent dental and oral surgery treatment in the state with enhanced infection control measures. Our offices are able to meet and exceed all of these guidelines.
We are going to be seeing patients on a modified schedule in our facilities. We are still accepting new patients at this time so please reach out to us if you have pain or think you may need urgent treatment.
We will continue to support the community the best we can in these unprecedented times.
An update on the COVID-19 Crisis Issued on March 25, 2020:
This week, the Pennsylvania Department of Health placed new restrictions on providing dental care that has essentially prevented any care in an office-based setting. We are hoping this gets clarified and updated soon so that we many continue to provide emergency care in our facilities. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please call our Warminster office at Warminster Office Phone Number 215-672-6560, and as always, there is a doctor on-call 24 hours a day to assist.
An update on Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic Issued on March 22, 2020:
As recommended by various organizations and institutions, we are providing emergency care only at this time. Any upcoming appointments for elective treatments will be postponed. We will call you to reschedule soon and thank you for your patience.
If you are coming to one of our offices during this time, we would like to make you aware of several things:
- If you feel ill or have respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat or shortness of breath) or a fever please call BEFORE your visit to speak to a nurse: Warminster Office Phone Number 215-672-6560
- Any escort coming with you will be screened as well.
- We ask that any patients or accompanying persons who are not receiving treatment to wait outside the office in their automobile until we are fully prepared to take you in or out of the clinical area.
A Statement on Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Issued on March 15, 2020:
As you are undoubtedly aware of the current challenges facing the US and abroad regarding the pandemic COVID-19 virus, we wanted to let everyone know what we are doing at OMS Centers to provide the best and safest treatment possible.
For background, we have met or exceeded infection control and sterilization requirements and guidelines for many years set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as well as state and local health boards. Additionally, we are accredited in all our facilities by the Joint Commission (JC). Through the JC’s mission of patient safety, the organization has provided us additional policies and procedures we have implemented through our many years of being accredited.
We have taken additional measures over the last few weeks to further our standards. We have increased the sanitation of our front desk, waiting room and restroom. Our entire staff has been trained on the novel Coronavirus. Our nurse who chairs the infection control department has been monitoring the rapidly-changing environment and has been helping us provide the best care possible.
At this time, our offices remain open to serve our community, though we are temporarily reducing our hours.
If you have recently traveled to Asia, Europe, or any other region with confirmed cases of Coronavirus OR have come into close contact of anyone suspected/confirmed to have Coronavirus infection within the last 14 days please call our office prior to your appointment for further screening: Warminster Office Phone Number 215-672-6560.
If you have a fever, new onset of coughing, or shortness of breath, please contact your primary medical provider in addition to our office so that we can determine the best plan of care.
We are honored to have served this community for the last 53 years and are committed to our mission statement of providing quality Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Care in a pleasant and safe environment. If there are further updates we will communicate them as necessary.